Geocycle US is a part of the global Geocycle network. We partner with industries, service companies and municipalities to help them achieve their environmental commitments, by providing waste management solutions that are practical, economical and sustainable. We collaborate closely to understand the specific requirements and to design tailored solutions. We serve more than 10,000 customers around the world, including Fortune 500 companies.
We share a commitment to a zero-waste future with our customers:
- We work towards a regenerative economy and zero-waste society by minimizing and repurposing waste. Last year, we reduced the amount of waste going to U.S. landfills by approximately 1.7 million tons.
- We work together with customers and partners to find the most sustainable solutions for waste. We employ the technology of co-processing which offers an environmentally friendly solution for handling waste, by conserving scarce resources and reducing emissions from waste while leaving zero residue. Co-processing achieves a demonstrably superior environmental performance compared to landfilling or incineration.
- By 2030, we aspire to provide sustainable solutions for more than five million tons of waste in our North American operations each year.
We offer responsible, zero-landfill solutions on an unparalleled operational scale.
We operate 21 pre-processing and co-processing facilities, including the sites of our affiliate Systech Environmental Corporation (https://www.go2systech.com).
We have the technical expertise and state-of-the-art processes and facilities to offer complex services from assessment through transport to final treatment of waste.
- We are experts in the latest regulatory requirements, and strictly and uniformly abide by all applicable regulations.
Pre-processing of waste is a vital preparatory step, requiring considerable expertise and investment.
We have the facilities, trained employees and technical expertise to pre-process waste, whether through shredding, separating, homogenizing or drying of waste materials.
- Rigorous employee training ensures that our safety control and quality remain optimal.
As a member of LafargeHolcim, the leading manufacturer of cement in the U.S., Geocycle is uniquely positioned to offer state-of-the-art, sustainable manufacturing systems. For more than 30 years, co-processing has been an efficient, safe and environmentally friendly way to fuel cement kilns.
- Co-processing achieves a superior environmental performance compared to competing alternatives, which is demonstrated by life-cycle assessment studies. It significantly reduces greenhouse gas emissions and leaves no residue. It guarantees the complete destruction of all organic waste material due to the cement kiln’s high operating temperature.
Geocycle follows the principles of the waste management hierarchy outlined the UNEP (United Nations Environment Programme) Basel Convention.
We treat the waste where co-processing is the environmentally and economically preferred waste treatment method.
Geocycle US accepts a variety of waste products for pre-processing and co-processing.
- Non-hazardous Waste: Geocycle uses the environmentally friendly method of pre-processing and co-processing to transform a customer’s non-hazardous waste. We manage a wide variety of non-hazardous wastes including, but not limited to, biomass, packaging waste, tires, carpet and textiles, non-recyclable plastic, used oil and non-hazardous liquids, construction and demolition materials, out-of-spec and recalled consumer goods, roofing shingles, etc.
- Hazardous Waste: Geocycle also offers sustainable solutions for managing hazardous waste. We work closely with our customers to understand their specific waste challenges and priorities, and develop solutions that best address their needs and add value to their business. The hazardous wastes we manage include inks, mineral spirits, petroleum distillates and hydrocarbons, paints, solvents and chemical by-products, pharmaceutical by-products, refinery and petrochemical by-products, tank bottoms sludge and many others.
- Other waste: Many waste streams contain resource value in the form of materials such as silica, alumina, iron and calcium. Geocycle recaptures and repurposes the resource value of many wastes through co-processing in cement kilns, including abrasives, baghouse dust, bauxite, bottom ash and fly ash, catalysts, ceramics, clay filters and sludges, FCC/spent catalyst, filter cakes, foundry sand and blast grit.
Our range of services includes:
- On-site management
- Logistics coordination
- Waste management from pre-processing through final co-processing
- Additional services, such as truck agitation and cleaning, rail agitation and cleaning and heel reduction/removal
- Regulatory compliance expertise
- Certification and documentation
If you would like to use our services, please fill out the attached waste profile form:
We serve customers across North America. Below is a list of our facilities located in the U.S.:
- Ada, OK
- Alpena MI
- Artesia, MS
- Colorado Springs, CO
- Devil's Slide, UT
- Fredonia, KS
- Hagerstown, MD
- Holly Hill/ Dorchester, SC
- Joppa, IL
- Midlothian, TX
- Northampton, PA
- Paulding, OH
- Portland, CO
- Ravena NY
- Ste Genevieve, MO
- Sugar Creek, MO
- Theodore, AL
For details about our services in Canada please see: www.geocycle.com/canada