Geocycle Bangladesh is part of the worldwide network of Geocycle waste management companies. In Bangladesh, we have been offering our professional services in the field of waste management since 2012.
With the expansion of industrial base and population growth in Bangladesh, increasingly larger volumes of waste are generated. For Geocycle Bangladesh, this creates an opportunity to actively contribute to responsible waste management by following a sustainable approach.
Our Services and Waste Streams Managed
We have been providing co-processing services to some of Bangladesh’s leading oil & gas, pharmaceutical, agro product, food and consumer goods companies. We have managed a wide range of waste streams including:
- Off-spec consumer products
- Contaminated packaging material
- Expired chemically-treated seeds
- Contaminated soil
- Incinerator ash
- ETP sludge (Textile & other industries)
- Used oil, hydrocarbon sludge
- Expired or off-spec medicine
- Contaminated waste water
- Selected chemicals in a liquid, solid or semi solid form
Geocycle Bangladesh strictly implements the LafargeHolcim Group standards for co-processing of waste in alignment with international standards. This prohibits the use of materials that pose either health or environmental risks, or would compromise clinker quality.
- LafargeHolcim Bangladesh provides co-processing services at its Chhatak plant - the country’s sole integrated cement plant - enabling the management of wastes in a safe and environmentally sound manner.
- We ensure security of the waste being delivered for disposal. This means that waste generators can have peace of mind that none of their out-of-spec or expired products sent to us are sold through informal networks.
- We conduct our activities professionally and responsibly, carefully managing the risks of our business. This protects our employees, communities and the environment in which we operate. Also this safeguards and enhances the reputation of our customers.